I'm seriously missing University so much :(





Lockdown, but definitely not out!



South Africa is still under lockdown, with some restrictions lifted. Millions of people have now gone back to work, Universities are still closed unfortunately, which means many of us students have had to adapt to online learning, which is honesty not as glamorous as it may seem.

It's been 4 weeks now, that I have been doing online learning from my home, its not been easy, its quite draining and can literally take up so much of your time if you do not plan properly. When week 1 of the online learning commenced, my anxiety levels were through the the roof, I was not in a space where my thoughts were positive because I'm usually a very structured person, so this online learning way of life was something new to me because I did not know what to expect, or how my mental health will be effected.

Then the assignments started pouring in!!!

Now, I'm all for assignments because they literally give you a sense of what to expect in the working environment of the career of your choice and provides more in depth information of the course you studying, but to see all the assignments being uploaded all at once from all my lecturers was just so overwhelming.

I've learnt that over this past 4/5 weeks, that time management is EVERYTHING! Planning my day to day scheduling has become a joy, getting assignments done before the actual due date, makes me so so happy and relaxed. There is something so fulfilling about submitting an assignment that is only due in 2 weeks time, I reward myself with a triple shot of Gin and Dry Lemon :).

Things can only get better from here on, none said online learning would be easy, and every student has their own coping mechanism of dealing with online class and the many assignments, but it honestly helps to stay calm and not wanting to pull your hair out.

I've been laying in the bath with bath salts and heavenly bubble baths on a weekly bases, I usually shower everyday because its much more quicker and easier. But since I've started making use of the bath weekly, I've discovered that this actually calms my soul so much, and gives me renewed energy.

Teas, chocolates fruit and Gin have been my go-to pleasures on a daily bases, News channels and talk radio stations have literally been so rewarding for me. 

Since my days are so much more relaxed, my anxiety levels have reduced drastically, I've been able to watch my favorite news channels on a daily bases, which I'm so happy about. As a journalist, you have to keep up with news trends on a daily bases, so I've religiously been sticking to that habit of mine, because its my passion.

So, lockdown has been daunting but yet so enjoyable to say the least. No more getting dressed up to go outside, I'm in Pjs almost everyday whole day, Im attending ZOOM meeting and virtual classes in Pj's and a gown with minimum brushing of hair.

I wish lockdown would end though :( I'm craving human interaction and laughing with different crowds, only time will tell when it will be  safe to completely  go outside without a mask.

That's it from me for now, stay safe, stay in doors and please... #Wearyourmask.            


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Veteran Broadcast Journalist hangs up her microphone.

The 9 Beautiful Provinces within South Africa.

Food crises remains a concern in Cape Town.